RC3 & 4
Mid-term Theory Exam
Please refer to your journals for this information:
All key signatures and relative minors
- Major and minor 2nds and 3rds.
- You should be able to identify the intervals visually and aurally.
Piano Mid-Term Exam
- You will be asked to show C position for both hands
- You may play "Rock Along" or "Mexican Hat Dance"
- You will be asked questions concerning C position fingering and the grand staff
- You will be assessed according to your progress and performance of the individual repertoire you received at the beginning of the semester. If we've previously decided on a "cut" of your piece, that will be acceptable.
- Please be prepared to play on the recital
Aphids playing out of "Alfred":
- You may play your most recent assignment. Make sure that it is performance ready. You will not play on the recital. You will play for me.
Piano Mid Term Exam
- You will be assessed according to your progress and performance of the individual repertoire you received at the beginning of the semester.
- If you are accompanying someone, you should be practicing with your vocalist. You will be assessed according to your ability to accompany - (to go along with the singer)
- Please be prepared to play on the recital.
- Participants in the recital are guaranteed the maximum points, but if you are not prepared, you will not play on the recital and will be graded according to your progress.
- Is it impossible to receive the maximum points unless you perform on the recital.